Thursday, March 23, 2006

boogie down productions....

I started a new job in February...in the Bronx. One of two boroughs I know nothing about (Staten Island being the other). Its fascinating borough, I get to travel to different schools across the Bronx so today I walked smack through Arthur Ave, an old school Italian enclave smack in the middle of the Latino Bronx. It was so bizzare, this serene calm little Italian neighborhood of restaurants, cafes and tree-lined streets smack in the middle of the Bronx. I hear the food is good-I just walked around though and took some pics.














































Two things I find facsinating about the Bronx is that its so hilly (maybe because they're on the mainland and aren't an island) and the architecture throughout the borough. Some of the row houses and old buildings are gorgeous.















No comments: