Monday, April 09, 2007

Help some of my old students


I've been training for the Brooklyn Half Marathon, which is a week from tomorrow on April 14. I love running, but this race is very special to me because I am running with 25 other staff members from Explore Charter School to raise money to take 15 students to Costa Rica for a 9-day trip. Explore is the public charter school in Brooklyn where I worked as an art teacher in its very first years of existence. Many of the kids going on this trip are students I taught as little kids in grades 1-3, who are growing up faster than I can believe. You can make donation above.

If you're a paper person, no worries:

make a check out to Friends of Explore Charter School and mail it to:

Sharon's World c/o Sheeba Jacob
15 Snyder Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11226

If you're still not convinced of how seriously I'm taking this, I've been running 3X times a week averaging 12 miles weekly over the last month and half and I've given up all deep-fried take-out Chinese food, no joke (which, besides crippling the Astoria Chinese take-out market, actually has me feeling pretty good?!

Here's the school's:

http://explorecharterschool.org/

No comments: