Sunday, June 08, 2008

NYC Triathlon Training Schedule

Last year, the night before I ran the NYC marathon, drunk in self-confidence and athletic hubris, I impulsively signed up for the NYC Triathlon thinking I had plenty of time to train for it (the marathon was November 2007 and the Triathlon is July 21, 2008). Well, the sucker is now less than two months away which got me thinking that I should probably start a training schedule a little more systematic than biking, swimming or running when I "feel like it." I found this training schedule courtesy beginner triathlete. It's designed for someone who's goal is to simply finish without dying which is what I'm about shooting for. It's a four-month schedule and I'm jumping in midway because I don't have four months. So here it is, I'll post workouts I complete at some attempt at accountability.

No comments: