Monday, January 16, 2006

Waiting is over. over.

They finally posted the Echoing Green semi-finalists. I did not make the cut to even submit a full proposal this time.

But in a great way to create some some suspense for knuckleheads like me they also posted on their website:

Due to the Martin Luther King Holiday, we were not able to get in touch with our subject matter experts to review a few last minute questions on a handful of applications. Therefore, we are publishing the initial list of Phase 2 applicants today and based on our reader input on our outstanding questions, we may invite a few more projects to submit Phase 2 applications no later than Tuesday, January 17th.

I'm not going to kid myself and try and pretend that my 7ARTS is so out there and abstract that they're just waiting to hear from some last-minute experts to decide if I'm going to be invited to the second round or not. My shit is not rocket science. I'm not in.

I knew getting the fellowship was a stretch but damn, I thought I'd at least get invited to the second round like I did two years ago pre-wagner, pre-almost two years of development experience, pre-edna mcconnell clark foundation. I actually thought the application I submitted was a lot better than the touchy-feely gobbledy-gook one I wrote two years ago.

I feel like I trained for a marathon like a maniac for a year and a half only to run a slower time than when I had as a fat out-of-shape fuck.










No comments: