Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Faster than a speeding bullet...

I ran the Bronx Half Marathon last Sunday. I trained for it, but not as diligently as I would have liked. It was a really nice course, challenging, but nice. Nicer than the Brooklyn Half Marathon because it seemed to have a variety of sights, Brooklyn felt like a whole lot of Ocean Parkway but the Bronx route took us through a real diversity of neighborhoods (my PC way of saying we had to run through the ‘hood: “...what are all these white people in tights running outside my house for?”). The toughest stretch was Grand Concourse, because it was a long straight shot in the open sun and pretty hilly, but I was pretty happy with my time and proud of myself for finishing and finishing strong.

Well at least pretty proud until I looked up my results searching by my last name:




How's that for perspective?

No comments: