Monday, December 25, 2006

More news

Oh my god, they just did a piece on the "Left Behind" video games (based on the Christian book series of the same name). You convert or kill non-believers and are apparently battling a satanic army led by Mohammed something something.

But don't worry, lest you get the idea that you think this game might promote violence in a religion I was raised to belive to be pacifistic, they quote a game developer saying that using violence actually decreases your "spirit points" and that its far more effective to use prayer and your bible to convert people "when possible."

You can't make this up. What's the point of satire in a satirical world?

Oh, and ABC News now just went to a black guy I've never seen before doing a sports update from ESPN. And I watch a lot of ESPN. I'm not sleeping until I see a Native American. Or maybe the Latina counts as both.

I really should sleep.

I just heard a white news anchor say "raw funky style," referring to James Brown with a straight face.

No comments: